Seven other successful entrepreneurs received these coveted awards across various categories at a magnificent celebratory banquet attended by over 400 of the country’s foremost business leaders here today (23 Feb 2012) in Mumbai.
Over 300 nominations were received for the Entrepreneur Of the Year 2011 and the winners have been selected by an eminent Jury panel led by Mr R C Bhargava, Chairman, Maruti Suzuki Limited.The Jury also named Mr. Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC for the Lifetime Achievement Award, duly recognizing his immense contribution to the emergence of financial services in the country, as also to policy -making.
- Entrepreneur Of The Year 2011: Rahul Bhatia, Group Managing Director, InterGlobe Enterprises;
- Lifetime Achievement : Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC;
- Business Transformation: Deep Kalra, Founder & CEO, Makemytrip (India);
- Consumer Products: Dr. Anand Burman, Chairman, Dabur India;
- Life Sciences and Healthcare: Dr. Desh Bandhu Gupta, Founder & Chairman, Lupin;
- Manager: Natarajan Chandrasekaran, MD & CEO, Tata Consultancy Services;
- Manufacturing: Vivek Chaand Sehgal, Founder & Chairman, Samvardhana Motherson Group;
- Services: Analjit Singh, Founder & Chairman, Max India Group
- Start-up : Dr. BS Ajaikumar, Founder & Chairman, Healthcare Global Enterprises;
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
Source: E&Y Release / 23 Feb 2012