Linkedin , has started offering a ” Job Seeker Premium” account for professionals looking for a job change. This adds to the other revenue stream of Linkedin, which already has a series of paid services for members to enable networking for business as well as to enable recruiters and hiring managers link up with prospective candidates.
Benefit for Job Seekers:
The premium accounts gives you tools and tips to help you get hired faster.
- “Featured Applicant” Status – Send your job application to the top of the hiring manager’s list.
- In Mail Directly contact hiring managers to follow up on job applications or learn about potential opportunities.
- Who’s Viewed Your Profile – See who’s most interested in your background.
- Premium Job Search Filters – Zero in on jobs with your ideal salary.
- Job Seeker Badge – Draw attention to your profile with a special icon.
- Exclusive Group Membership – Join the private Job Seeker Premium group to get tips from fellow job seekers.
As of now, Linkedin is offering a free limited period trial of the service. Try out and see if it works for you. You are welcome to share your experiences with us. Check at http://learn.linkedin.com/jobseeker/ for details and free webinar for job seekers.